Greetings everyone! We hope you are all off to a good start with Spring Quarter. The official PLS schedule for Spring Quarter is as follows (all meetings in SMI 107 at 5:30pm):
April 23: Mathiew Le – UW Law School Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
May 7: Peg Cheng – “10 Mistakes Law School Applicants Make”
May 14: LSAT Prep Battle – Kaplan, Blueprint, and Testmasters
May 21: Ed Tom – UC Berkeley Law School Dean of Admissions
We look forward to seeing you this quarter!
Below is the tentative schedule for Winter 2013 (meetings are Tuesday @ 5:30pm in Smith 107 unless listed otherwise):
1/29: Getting Great Recommendation Letters Workshop: 4:30 – 5:20pm in MGH 171
2/5: Arzoo Osanloo (UW Professor) – Human Rights Law
2/12: Life as a Prosecuting Attorney
2/19: Daryl Parker – Practicing Law and Choosing a Profession
2/26: Peg Cheng Workshop
3/5: No meeting
3/14 (Thursday): Discover Law Open House @ UW Law School, 5:30 – 7pm & social dinner after
Welcome back to school everyone! We hope you have all had a good start to the Winter quarter and are transitioning smoothly from the unusually long winter break. Please see the following announcements as PLS prepares for Winter quarter:
1. Room Change: PLS will be meeting in Smith 107 for Winter quarter. However, meetings are still on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 6:30pm.
2. First Meeting: the first PLS meeting of Winter quarter will be on Tuesday, January 22nd from 5:30 – 6:30pm in Smith 107. We look forward to seeing you there.
3. We are working on finalizing the schedule for the rest of Winter quarter. Please visit this webpage regularly as an update will be posted once the schedule is finalized. We will also send out updates through our Facebook page and via e-mail.
As always, be sure to contact us at email@example.com or on our Facebook page if you have any questions or suggestions. Best of luck with the new quarter!
Please note that we have changed rooms to SMI 304. All meetings are in SMI 304 from 5:30 – 6:30pm unless otherwise noted.
Oct 16: Alyssa’s LSAT Study Group
Oct 23: Seattle University Law Tour (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org – no PLS meeting on campus)
Oct 30: Law Fair Information Session
Nov 6: No meeting – see Nov 7 (below)
Nov 7: (SMI 102) Peg Cheng’s “Making the List” workshop – how to choose which schools to apply to.
Nov 10: SOCIAL EVENT – Washington State Bar Association Mock Trial Jury for Trial Advocacy Program (TAP). Event involves volunteering in a “mock jury” from 8am – 4pm (with lunch break) followed by dinner. Transportation and dinner will be provided by PLS.
Nov 13: No meeting – law fair next day
Nov 14: UW Law School Fair (HUB, 10am – 2pm)
Nov 20: Panel of UW Law School Student Ambassadors
Nov 27: Peg Cheng’s “Digging for Gold” workshop
Welcome to the new school year everyone! With the start of fall quarter, PLS has planned our Dawg Daze activities, first meeting, and tentative schedule for the rest of the quarter. See below for details:
- Dawg Daze: PLS will be at Dawg Daze on both days, Sept. 25th and 26th. We will be located on HUB Street, right outside of the new HUB building. We will have two officers at the table between 10am and 3pm on each of the two days. Stop by to learn more about PLS, ask us questions, and pick up a pen, brochure, and candy!
- First Meeting: the first PLS meeting of the quarter will be held on Tuesday, October 2nd at 5:30pm in SAV 158. We will have a brief presentation that will discuss what PLS is, the officer team for the 2012 – 2013 academic year, and the schedule for fall quarter. We will then take questions. Remember, if you’d like to join, bring your completed application form and $25 cash or check!
- Subscribe: To stay up to date with news, events, and offers, e-mail email@example.com and write “Subscribe” in the subject field and body of your e-mail. The e-mail address you use will be subscribed to our mailing list. You can also find us on facebook.
- The tentative schedule for fall quarter will be posted on the home page beforeSeptember 25th. Stay tuned for details.
Once again, welcome to the new school year! Come see us at Dawg Daze and e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!